Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Roses and Thanks

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum.


I saw the curve and instantly knew that I'd be using this Thanks Scallop Border die that's been in my not-yet-used box for a very long time!!

FMS Thanks

As I was scrounging through the box to find the border die, I saw my unused Roses.  It was meant to be!  They fit perfectly above the thanks.

Not much creativity in this card. (I spent some time trying to get fancier - but I like it the way it is!)  I didn't even pick the colors!  I saw the current color challenge at The Paper Players and it immediately caught my eye.  I hadn't really embraced Mint Macaron but as I paged through their design team cards, I found that I really liked how they had used it.  


I hope to see you playing along with this sketch!!  There's so much open space and room for creativity, I'd love to see how you use it.

SUPPLY LIST

The sequins are from Stampin' Up's Fancy Frost Sequins.  The paper is from the earlier version of the Stampin' Ups designer paper packs.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kim! I love that sweet flower and that fabulous border! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that die and the subtly striped paper underneath it really works well! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all,the swirls and curls! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curve of the border die and the roses are a match made in heaven! I love the simplicity of this! I hope that you and your family had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! So cute how the pattern paper peeks through the die cut~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly love these colours together and the elegance of the clean lines and pretty dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!