Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh Happy Day Clown!

I need to come up with some kid's cards for church.  I started with the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, flipped to the kids section of my stamp index, and immediately realized that I had never used this darling clown.  He is just the cutest.  I know that some kids (and a few adults) find clowns a little scary - but this sweet and charming face will change their minds!!





Check out this card in the Splitcoast gallery for my inspiration.  It uses the same clown but it is softer, more vintage, and beautifully watercolored.  But, I would not have come up with the use of all these colors without the inspiration of this card.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the company that sold this digi is still around - when I looked for their site to link here, it appears to be shut down.  Does anybody know what happened to KLM Digital stamps??

I used a few new purchases on this card.  Sizzix has come out with a BUNCH of new embossing folders.  I'll be using a lot of them over the next week before I put them all away.  I also used three new 2011 colors of stickles (which I just got in an I Want It All package from eclectic Paperie)

  • Stamps: KLM Digital Clown, Heidi Grace sentiment
  • Inks: copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tempting Turqoise, Poppy Parade, We R Memory Keepers White Out dsp
  • Accessories: Stickles in True Blue, Firefly, Tropical Tangerine and Yellow, Stampin' Up Tangerine grosgrain (retired), Cuttlebug tag die, Pebbles Candy Dots

4 comments:

  1. I love this brightly colored little clown, your card is wonderful. How could anyone be afraid of this little guy? LOL TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fun! I love that embossing folder and the dotty background paper but the best part of all is the glitter in his hair. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love clowns! One year I dressed up as a clown along with my two oldest DS's for Halloween! We did encounter one girl that actually crossed to the other side of the road in terror! Your card is so adorable and fun! Hope you find out where KLM went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Kim, love the bright colours of the clown & the polkadot paper. Fantastic embossed background & the stickles are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!