Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What a Difference Color Makes!

I was playing with today's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge and was focused on a sympathy card (which I often seem to be doing for our church card ministry).  But I also need a birthday card for my grandma.  After I finished the sympathy card - I simply found a color scheme I liked for birthday - these cards are the same except for the colors!  (And the border punch and the embossing folder and the ribbon!).





Many thanks to Lynda who recently cleaned out her stamp room and sold the Stipple Rose stamp!!  I have been hunting for this for a long time.  It's a very popular stamp and hard to find.  I even ran across a lady who owned two of them but wouldn't sell me her second one just in case something happened to her first one!

-------------------------------------

I LOVE my iPod/iPhone!!  Every so often I have listed cardmaking/crafting apps that I particularly like - click on the iPod App label on the left side for my favorites.  Today my recommendation is a podcast.  There are tons of crafting podcasts - mainly focused on scrapbooking.  A few that are for cards just aren't very well done.  But I found one that I really like - it's called Dreaming About Rubber Stamps.  It's a great video tutorial for everything from how to mount and use Stampin' Up's clear mount stamps (did it ever occur to you to keep the paper backing to use for sponging the same shape as the stamp?), to swing cards, waterfall cards, dryer sheets, etc.  I find that she covers the details very well and you can definitely accomplish the project after she finishes.  Enjoy!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Stipple Rose, Papertrey Round and Round sentiments
  • Ink: black, River Rock and So Saffron on the edges
  • Paper: black, Stampin' Up River Rock CS and dsp, Porcelain Prints dsp, Le Jardin dsp
  • Accessories: white sheer ribbon inked with River Rock, Stampin' Up Rose Red seam binding, EK Success border punches, Tim Holtz embossing folder and Stampin' Up embossing folder
  • Challenges: Splitcoast Sketch Challenge and Inkspirations Color Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kim. These 2 cards are so so beautiful! Those roses.. Wow.. So well done. the people in your church will love it. I love your blog.. You always surprise me with your creativity.. Love it. Thanks for your little comment on my blog. You were so fast. I just posted my story about Naomi's hips :) Thanks for making me smile.

    Inky hugs and God bless you, Pauline
    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The colour makes them look completely different! Both are gorgeous. Love the pop of pink on the second one.
    Almost didn't recognise your blog... Been having fun redecorating huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous Kim & the design works so well for both occasions! It is a beautiful image - I can appreciate your joy in acquiring it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of colour with the ribbon! Great use of this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card!! Absolutely love it and so I had to tell you that. I accidentally came across it when I was doing the google thing, looking for paper color comparison charts for SU and Papertrey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!