Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simple Sunday

I don't often have time to make cards on Sunday, and when I do, they are always simple.  We are usually busy getting ready for church and then my boys insist we watch football together in the afternoons (I knit!). 

Set 270 - God Bless

Today's Featured Stamper challenge at SplitCoast Stampers was number 200 and the title was "Reflection".  We were to CASE any of the first 199 featured stampers.  I immediately went back to Jenn's gallery because I love her cuttlebugging and I knew that I could keep it simple!  I CASED this card.  I changed the colors and sentiment, but stuck with the cute embossed flowers!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up God Bless
  • Inks: black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Real Red, black
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug border embossing, ribbon from Michaels, a muse rhinestones

Set 271 - Botanical Garden

Sadly, our card racks at church are always in need of sympathy cards.  Here is a quick card that I think has a lot of impact.


I like clean ands simple sympathy cards - frills just aren't necessary.  In this case I simply stamped the image with Staz-On and did a light wash of So Saffron on some of the petals.  I added a few dots of Liquid Pearls on the main flower.  This spectacular sympathy sentiment from DRS Designs worked perfectly with the very graphic flower image.
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Botanical Garden, DRS Designs Brush in Deepest Sympathy
  • Inks: Staz-On Black, So Saffron
  • Papers: Stampin' Up Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Vanilla seam binding, crochet ribbon, Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls, aquabrush

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!