Monday, March 5, 2018

Taylored Expressions Sweet Jelly Beans

I love jelly beans.  Forget fancy chocolates - give me a cheap bag of jelly beans and I'm yours.  I buy jelly beans all year long, but the variety available near Easter makes my heart happy.  Right now in my candy jars, I have a bag of Brach's Speckled Jelly Bird Eggs and one of Starbursts Ice Cream Jelly Beans.  There was no way I was letting Easter go by without making a jelly bean card.

Taylored Expressions has a new set called Full of Beans Stamp & Die Combo.  It's nice to use because you can stamp and die cut nine beans at a time.  This makes it perfect for filling up a Mason Jar!!

Taylored Expressions Full of Beans

The Mason Jar dies that coordinate with the Mason Jar stamp also can cut out around the outside of the jar so that the entire mason jar is cut out. I chose just to use the inside so the entire top panel is popped up and gives me an easy place to put the bunny and sentiment.  I like this flexibility in a set!

I wanted to add a little interest inside the jar so I embossed the entire background panel with the Cross Stitched Embossing Folder.  I did trim a bit off the edges of the background so that the entire piece is "framed" with full X's.

Taylored Expressions Full of Beans

I added a cute little bunny from Hippity Hop.  I love the alert way he's looking at the jelly beans. There's another stamp in the set that I used for the inside.  Since the outside says "You're Sweet", the inside says "From the Easter Bunny"!!

When I got it all done, I realized that the only person I still needed to make an Easter card for is my 18-year old son and I don't think a pink "You're Sweet" would be appreciated.  So I guess I'll just to leave this on my craft desk as a decoration for the season!!! 

SUPPLY LIST


7 comments:

  1. How CUTE! I love the way the bunny appears to be looking longingly into the jar of sweet treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Nothing like a good Starburst Jelly Bean. Haven't had them in years...Might have to buy some "for the grandkids," hahaha! What a sweet card! Love the idea of filling a mason jar die cut with jelly beans. And I do so love the little bow you've added to the lid. That's a great embossing folder, too. And that bunny...He's adorable! Great card!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Kim! Love this cute bunny seeming to be longing for some Jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I really like how the textured background adds interest, without overpowering the card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh so sweet!!! I love the little jar and the way you used a textured background behind it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!