Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Happy Meow-loween

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Rita.


I just sorted through my Halloween card stash to figure out what else I needed.  One of the big holes in my stash was a card for my youngest niece - only 9 years old.  She is just a fireball - I saw this image and I just thought it fit (not the grumpy part, but the quirky look of that cat in a tutu!)

FMS Meowloween

What I didn't think fit for her were the sarcastic sentiments in the Grumplings in Costume stamp set.  The sentiments are laugh-out-loud funny and sarcastic - but I didn't think she'd understand them, so I found a Happy Meow-loween sentiment that would work.

What's not in the picture is that I'm going to put the cat on a Mini Wobble Spring so it pops up when she takes it out of the card.  Her big sister is getting this card with a slider so I wanted some action on this card too.  I like the wobble springs but I find they just stand out too much to photograph well.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

11 comments:

  1. Oh those grumplings make me smile every time! I love this! Perfect Halloween colors and oh so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and a great way to use those sarcastice (yet fun!) Grumplings in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this! That grumpy cat is perfet! Love the sentiment! Your niece is going to love it! So purrfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image! And I thought that sentiment must have come with it -- a perfect match. A fun card, especially with the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Who wouldn't love a cat in a tutu? I'm sure your niece will love this bright and cheery card. And I love that fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! The Grumplings are my spirit animals. I don't have the Halloween set, but I love this cat! Such a fun card, Kim. It looks perfect for a 9 year old with some sass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! The look on this cat’s face is priceless. Reminds me of “the” grumpy cat! I must check out the FMS sketches again too! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! This card totally made me laugh! I LOVE it! (and I don't do Halloween!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will win the awesome Aunty award with this card! Your niece will love this, as do I! The grumpling in a tutu...oh my stars! Smitten with this kitten!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!