Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Choose Joy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cindy.


I recently saw these unique and fabulous Japanese paper dolls on Pretty Periwinkles.  (Thanks Michelle!!)  I hadn't seen anything like them and I thought this big space would be perfect to showcase one of them.  Isn't she sweet??

FMS Joys Not Worries

There's a full set of dolls (and the fan) from Frantic Stamper's Vision of the East.  There's also a coordinating sentiment set but I happened to have an entirely unrelated stamp set on my desk. Have you ever picked a sentiment for its shape??!!  The shape is just right for this card - luckily, the saying works well too!!  (Sad, huh? Shape instead of words!)

I hope to see you playing along.  There's wide open space on this for everybody to be creative. Thanks to Cindy for the sketch!

SUPPLY LIST

14 comments:

  1. Kim, I love this! The sentiment is perfect and that little Japanese girl is precious! WOW! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love this sweet girl and the perfectly shaped sentiment. And yes, finding the right sentiment involves so much more than just the words -- font, size, style, etc... The struggle is real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a darling little lady! Love how your sentiment fit perfectly too! And I've done that before too; chosen a sentiment because it fits the space...as long as it says what I wanted! The color of your base really makes her pop so nicely. Wonderful card, Kim. Just love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so adorable! Love that sweet girl.....perfect colors! And the die cut fan is fabulous behind her! And yep I pick sentiments for their size and shape all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her kimono is darling. This is such a sweet card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little Japanese doll is just gorgeous and the sentiment fits perfectly (both in shape and wording!). Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card Kim! I love that little girl! She is too cute! Love that sentiment! What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I love this, the fan compliments the lady so well and I love the colour palette you have chosen. I have been known to choose a sentiment for it's shape..Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Kim, I love the fun image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love a sentiment that tucks around an image - so yes, I have indeed chosen stamps because the sentiment is the right shape and size! Your card is wonderful - serene and the heartfelt sentiment complements your doll perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty japanese paper doll! And I do love both the shape and the words of your sentiment ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sad, too, because my sentiment is almost always picked by size, shape and font. I guess I have this self-created rule that the sentiment 'appearance' must match what else is going on. Your card is so so so adorable. I love your little doll and the fan, and I also think the the words of the sentiment are perfect, too. Putting it all together, it feels like a fortune cookie saying. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!