Monday, August 15, 2016

Curtain Call: Flamingos Make Me Smile!

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Flamingo!


It's so funny that the flamingo challenge came up because I almost vacuumed a rogue die that had fallen under my craft desk that just happened to be a flamingo!!  I didn't even know I was missing it! I started out with four flamingos on this card and the idea that this would be a good birthday card for my mother-in-law coming from the four of us.  But my men/boys took great offense at the idea that they were represented by pink flamingos (even though male flamingos really are pink!)  So I switched out the birthday sentiment to one that worked for the cute little flamingo family - they make me smile!

CC Smile

There's great detail in this flamingo die.  Love the little eye dot and the feather texture.

CC Smile CloseUp

I hope to see you playing along!!  Remember that a "flamingo" isn't required (in fact, you can enter without using any of the inspiration graphic) - but there's always inspiration in the colors or in the cheerful look or the phone or the pool float!!  Have fun!  And check out all of the other inspiration at the Curtain Call blog.

SUPPLY LIST


4 comments:

  1. So pretty Kim. Love the pink hues on the flamingos... the textures background looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the graduated colors of your flamingos! This is pretty Kim. Men...LOL they took offense to being represented in pink, how funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun! I love the combination of products here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!