Monday, March 21, 2016

Two People...One Wonderful Life

I don't know if young newlyweds see the wonder in the simple act of sitting together over a cup of coffee, but we long-term married couples understand the joy of being able to relax in each other's company (particularly if the kids don't happen to be around!)

I love this bistro die set from a recent Taylored Expressions release and wanted to make very sure to use it (and use it regularly!)

KimMARCH2016WeddingWM

I'm also amused at myself for putting together a more urban look (this card started out with grass, flowers and trees!)  I started working in downtown Denver a month ago - I also worked there 30 years ago (no comments on my age). Denver has changed SO much. It used to be all about office buildings, the trainyard, and a lot of areas you didn't want to go to. Now there are large, thriving communities of apartment dwellers with coffee shops, bookstores, cute restaurants and parks.  It's been so much fun walking every day at lunch and exploring parts of the city. I see people walking home for lunch and sitting on their balconies high above the city. Don't get me wrong - I love my little home on the prairie with its view of the mountains - but I wish I would have had a chance to experience an urban life.  Particularly if I could sit in a little bistro sipping coffee with my husband!

SUPPLY LIST


5 comments:

  1. Your card is great, love the brickwork and that sentiment is fab. Totally identify with needing time to just sit and chat with hubby, our daughter and grandaughter have just got their own place after 2 yrs of chaos here and although we miss them its nice to finally have a bit of peace lol
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cozy scene you've created Kim, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this card!! You are SO CLEVER!! This cute bistro set was already on my HUGE TE wish list ... you just made me decide to move it up several notches. :)

    Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Kim ... the time together is precious! Cute set ... and sweet design. Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!