Saturday, October 3, 2015

World Cardmaking Day: Gold

The fourth challenge from Winnie & Walter is "gold".  (I missed the third challenge - but I'll go back and pick it up later!) I generally struggle with gold, but there's one time that I think gold is absolutely perfect - Christmas, particularly nativity scenes.

WCMD Golden Blessings

The other thing that I struggle with is photographing gold.  This photo looks so dull when, in real life, that embossing powder is full of iridescent flecks and looks gorgeous!  You can see it a little better in the close-up.


The set that I used by Winnie & Walter is Happy Christmas. It's full of sweet sentiments and a great variety of Christmas images. 

Winnie & Walter Happy Christmas
MFT Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm sequins

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous, love the sparkly gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've conveyed the essence of Christmas beautifully, Kim. Truly lovely...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!