Sunday, September 20, 2015

Taylored Expressions: Inspired by Pinterest

Taylored Expressions maintains a fabulous array of Pinterest Boards sorted by product and some by theme.  It's a fabulous source of inspiration for every cardmaking need!  I was sorting my cards this past week to figure out how I stood with all of the upcoming holidays.  I realized that I was only one card short for Halloween.  So I went right to the Halloween gallery and found this card by Courtney Kelley.


Courtney's card is absolutely wonderful and I would love to completely and totally copy it, but I needed to get rid of a few of the "scary" Halloween elements for a little girl whose parents prefer to keep Halloween cute.  

Pumpkin Patch

I used fresh and happy pumpkin patch colors - with no spiders or spiderwebs!!  And I used the Leafy Vine embossing folder to complete the pumpkin patch look.

My card is probably a little more than just "inspired"; it's more of a CASE with different colors!  I originally planned to do another pumpkin face in the bottom circle (because that would mean it wasn't a CASE, right?!)  But I loved the way Courtney did the sign - so I just changed it to a "pumpkin patch" sign. 

Pumpkin Patch CloseUp


 I think this is cute enough for a little girl - and not scary at all!

Thanks Courtney!!

SUPPLY LIST

All patterned papers are from the Authentique Spectrum Series 1 6x6 pad.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your totally cute take on Courtney's card!!! Super fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Your card is adorable!! I love how you CASEd Courtney's card and made it your own. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! ha, ha and totally not scary!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute card, Kim! I love it in the greens. oranges, and white. This is soooo cute, and not one bit scary. I'm not a fan of scary Halloween cards, especially for the younger kidlets, and this one is perfect! Just love it! Hope you have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do it AGAIN? Perfection! Wonderful CASE ... love your version. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!