Friday, August 21, 2015

Curtain Call Reminder: Mason Jar

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Mason Jar.

masonjarcraftslove.com
I actually used this inspiration photo to justify a stamp purchase, not that I often need any real justification to buy something that I love.  Paper Smooches has a mason jar set called Best Buds with big cheerful flowers that had to be part of my collection!

I started with the paper - I paged through my collection looking for red/yellow and black.  I found this much more muted paper that I just love and knew this had to part of the card.  It's more brick than red, and more gold than yellow - but I am so ready for rich, fall colors that I went with it!!

Celebrate Mason Jar

This card is going out for an 80th birthday so I had to make sure it sparkled!  I added some glitter on the flower centers and then piled some sequins into the jar.  

Celebrate Mason Jar CloseUp

The oval at the bottom comes from one of those stamp sets that sits in my most-used box right next to my desk.  It's a set of flat ovals by Paper Smooches called Shadows.  You can ground anything with it so the image doesn't seem to be floating.  I use a piece of post-it note to mask the bottom of the jar and then stamp the shadow.

You don't have to use a mason jar for this challenge - be inspired by the color or the theme or the flowers or anything else.  I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST


5 comments:

  1. What a perfect set for this challenge!! I LOVE the sequins at the bottom of the jar. It reminds me of the clear glass pebbles you get to decorate with when you are making centerpieces. Such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Kim. Love the pretty flowers in the jar vase... the sequins look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Kim! The jar full of flowers and touch of sparkle are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 80 year old birthday gal will adore this card, as do I! Pretty flowers in a mason jar: how I wish this were sitting on my kitchen table right now! Gorgeous, Kim...and the shadows stamp looks amazing! Another item or two added to my wish list.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!