Friday, May 22, 2015

Something Incredible on Graduation Day

It's the big day for my oldest son - it's high school graduation day!  (But I think you've read enough about it given I've been posting about it for a few weeks!)

I posted my actual graduation card for him here.  But on Wednesday, the Christian high school that he attended had a Blessings ceremony.  It was a fabulous ceremony of prayers, scholastic awards and Christian character awards.

Last weekend I found the stamp set that I had to have to make him a card for this event.  I ordered it over the weekend with my fingers crossed that priority mail would get it here in two days, then was crushed to see USPS tracking say it would be here on Thursday, a day late.  I was out and about on Wednesday afternoon finalizing some shopping and plans, got home about 1/2 an hour before we needed to head out to dinner, and guess what was in the mail??!!  Thank you to Jen del Muro of Reverse Confetti for being totally on top of shipping, and to the post office for being ahead of schedule!

Something Incredible

I so love that saying.  It's from Reverse Confetti's Shine from Within.  It is especially relevant to my son who is definitely heading into the world of science and who has been inspired by his astrophysics course this year, so Carl Sagan was the perfect choice. I can't tell you how many deep space videos and photos Andrew has shown us and explained in depth.  I love that the sentiment is meaningful, but its font keeps it just perfect for my teenage son's card. The inside uses a sentiment from the same set - Always Dream Big.

Realize that I had half an hour from the time the stamp set arrived and when I needed to leave (not to mention I had to dress up and apply make-up), but I knew that the sentiment could have stood on its own with very little embellishment.  I happened to have the brick paper out from this card, and I had the cardstock out from his graduation card.  The star garland die came in the same order as the stamp set, so a few banners in his school colors (and a little glitter paper for interest) - and I'm as happy with this card as one I spent hours slaving over.

SUPPLY LIST


4 comments:

  1. What a great inspirational card! Best wishes to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! Congratulations to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. What a wonderful story behind this card. Made me a little misty. I am so happy that it came to be, on time, and seems perfect for your son, the occasion and his mom with a beautiful heart. Wonderful creation, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!