Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: So Proud of You

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cindy Lovell:


I have graduation on the brain this week because I have a high school senior. Relatives started coming in yesterday.  Tonight is the Blessings Ceremony (Andrew goes to a Christian high school so we actually get to have Christ-focused events!).  Friday is Baccalaureate/Graduation.  Andrew is an extremely low-key kind of guy - so no party - but on Saturday the whole extended family is heading out to dinner.  Then I think I'll let him play unlimited video games for a week or so (other than his hours as fry-cook at Dairy Queen) - before we start planning and packing for Valparaiso University!!

I love making graduation cards because I can use school colors.

So Proud

I used these dies somewhat differently than they were set up.  (I got the idea from Amy Sheffer.)  The top word die is actually a full die going down to the cap part.  Amy had trimmed the bottom off and then popped the top part of the hat.  LOVE the look!

Now I just need to make a somewhat sarcastic card for his younger brother to give to Andrew, and I really want to make something for Blessings tonight.  Fingers crossed that the stamp set that I ordered for that purpose shows up in the mail today!

I hope to see you playing along.  It is so much fun to browse the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches each week and see the wide variety of cards!

SUPPLY LIST


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Andrew! Love the idea of a Blessings Ceremony. Perfect card for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is one fabulous graduation card! I love the die you've used and those colours are wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold and bright like a good grad should be! Congrats and all the best to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant way to use this sketch Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific grad card Kim! BIG congrats to your Andrew!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Andrew, and I'm sure he'll treasure this card all of his life. Perfect card for a fine young man! Love the idea of a Blessings Ceremony. Enjoy your weekend and all the festivities. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great graduation card, Kim! I hope you enjoy the week's festivities, and that there aren't too many tears (my eldest is still two years away, and just reading your post makes me want to tear up).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Kim. Love the cap, the colors... the tiny little stars... great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Andrew!!!
    Your card is amazing!! I LOVE the colors...so beautiful! Love how you used this Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool interpretation of the sketch and the school colors are fantastic! A card Andrew is sure to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, Kim! LOve this color combo, and all details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card Kim! I love that hat and the gold and silver stars! So perfect for your son! I think the idea of a Blessings Ceremony is wonderful! I hope he had some wonderful celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your son! What an exciting time for him! And I'll admit I've been busy bookmarking graduation cards lately because my nephew just graduated from Boston College on Monday. I need a card for his party on Sunday and this one is now top on my list of cards to CASE! I love the white space at the top because it draws the eye right down to the cap and fabbo sentiment. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!