Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: Zinnia for Mother

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!


I thought this sketch was just calling out for a tall flower only to discover that I had amazingly few tall flowers in my stamp collection.  But I did have this brand new set from Taylored Expressions - and I absolutely adore the layered look of the flower.

Zinnia for Mother

The design team at Freshly Made Sketches never fails to amaze me.  While I clearly saw this as a sketch for a tall flower - you won't believe the fun and creative ideas the team came up with.  Be sure to check it out - then I hope you play along!

SUPPLY LIST

The inks are a variety of brands and colors that I thought worked well for layering.

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kim! Is your vase cut from vellum? It looks so perfect and my vellum vases never look that good so I must know if you have a different solution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and lovely Kim, wonderful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous DP, soft colorcombo, like the subtle sequins. The flower is a beautiful eyecatcher and the gray vase gives it a very elegant feel!
    Love it.
    :-)
    Any mother will love this card.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing as elegant as a single flower in a vase! Classy and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pretty image and the beautiful dsp go so well together. I also thought of using a tall flower for this sketch, but I didn't have one that was quite right. Sounds like we need to go shopping, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tall flower is just what the doctor ordered! The sketch is perfect for it! I love your background - newsprint with some gorgeous images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right - this sketch is perfect for a tall flower and what a beautiful flower! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Kim! I love the flower, and it really does look very dimensional. The background DSP is perfect with this, too. Love every little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Kim! I love that background paper! It's gorgeous! That flower is so pretty and the sequins look great! Love the sentiment!!! So perfect for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, note to self....be prepared for team to enable me to buy more tall flowers. This is really fantastic. Love the vase and that gorgeous background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Kim...the tall flower is the star of the show, for sure! I have zero of those in my collection, so we know what's added to my wish list...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!