Saturday, October 4, 2014

Merry Monday: Stripes and Dots

Happy World Cardmaking Day!  Isn't it wonderful to have our own special day?!  I have managed to carve out four uninterrupted hours.  There isn't even anybody home to bother me!! Life is good!

I'm not going to chatter too much because I want to be making cards.  I decided not to play along with any official celebration.  I am simply going to walk through challenges and do the ones that I want to do - with absolutely no other requirements on myself - no design team, no NBUS, just fun!!!

The first is the current Merry Monday Challenge: Stripes, Polka Dots or both.


I have a lot to choose from but I decided to go with the original Clearly Besotted set.  They have a new release going live tomorrow that I am loving - so while I'm waiting for that I am pulling out the first set ever!

Trio of Trees

I recently got the Kaisercraft pad called Mistletoe.  I am loving the fresh colors - particularly the lime green - so I pulled all the colors from the paper.  The borders are two die cuts that come in the pad.  Honestly, I have always just paged right by the die cuts in pads - but I like these!

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps Signature Christmas and Signature Christmas Additions
  • Paper: Kaisercraft Mistletoe, Papertrey Ink Ocean Tides
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Ocean Tides, Simon Says Schoolhouse Red, Versamark
  • Accessories: Clearly Besotted Stamps Signature Christmas dies, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Stampin' Up Heat 'n Stick Powder, Hemptique 10-lb white twine, misc sequins.

16 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have FOUR HOURS of stamping! I am jealous! I won't even go into where my time went this morning....let's just say DH OWES ME big time! Anyway, your sweet little card is just adorable! I feel a CASE coming on! Perfect use of stripes & dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Kim! Love the different patterns and a perfect touch of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Kim! Love the sparkle and the "platform" for the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned paper Chrisas trees :) fab design !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore those sparkly trees. Great layout too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card...like you design and way you used the patterned papers...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim our design is fantastic, love those shimmering trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the paper you've chosen and the colours of the trees - and just the perfect amount of glitter! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful, sparkly trees, Kim! And they have the dots and the stripes! Love those borders and of course the perfectly placed sequins! So glad you had some time to play today and shared with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous patterns and colours, Kim ... and such wonderful sparkle! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun and cheerful card!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty stamp images, Kim! Like you ... I am loving the colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catching up on your fabulous creations, and this card is a wonderful start! A wonderful way to breathe 'new life' into a charming 'oldie' (which I think I have...). The papers, the layout, the sparkle...love it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!