Thursday, August 7, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Be Fancy

I just wanted to remind you that there are still a few days left in the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.  And I wanted to remind you that the rules have recently changed and "anything goes" but you can also be inspired and challenged by our graphic!


The sponsor for this week is Waffle Flower.  One random participant will get a Waffle Flower stamp set and the each of us on the design team got to work with their products.  They have a fun bow tie set that was clearly perfect for this challenge!

Be Fancy 2

I used the coordinating dies to cut a "fancy" bow tie from felt.  I haven't had my felt collection out in a very long time, but after I played with a variety of patterned papers and just didn't feel any of them gave it enough "oomph" - I thought the dimension of felt would do it!

The Curtain Call challenge ends on August 10th at 8 a.m. CDT.  Since it's anything goes - you really have no excuse not to play along, right??!!!  After all, there is a prize to be had!
  • Stamps: Waffle Flower Bowtiful
  • Paper: Simon Says Fog, Surf Blue, Sunshine
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Waffle Flower Bowtiful dies, PTI Aqua Mist button, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Lil' Inkers Rectangle Stitched die, Pretty Pink Posh clear sparkling sequins

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it Kim, the felt does and that bit of "fancy"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is something different!
    A stitched bow tie! Love the felt one with the button, and the way you show a little bit of the bow tie as if it's wrapped around the card, clever find!!
    Love the sentiment, quite a statement, ha, ha. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could stare at this all day Kim! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Kim. Love the felt bow and the button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty! My die just arrived so it's been united with the stamp set in my mini NBUS pile! I need another bow-tie challenge to pop up!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!