Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Oh Happy Day with Mama Elephant

I have a love/hate relationship with dies that coordinate with stamp sets.  On the one hand, don't they make our lives easier?  Our cards look so crisp and professional, and die-cut images give so much dimension.  On the other hand, every stamp purchase has to be considered carefully because of the cost of the coordinating dies.  Of course, I couldn't possibly get a new stamp set without those coordinating dies.  And when a company goes back and adds to dies to previously released stamps sets - I'm in real trouble.

Mama Elephant did that to me recently with a soft release.  They released three die sets to go with older stamp sets and I had TWO of those stamps sets.  Plus, I had never purchased dies from a few months ago that go with their Panda set.  Their dies aren't cheap - because they have a die for virtually everything in the set.  So I placed a big order, but it was all coordinating die sets! Long story short - you'll be seeing some Mama Elephant on my blog for awhile because it's hard enough to justify the cost of a stamp set, let alone the cost of the dies too!!  Here's the first...

Oh Happy Day

Just one of their charming pandas and a little sparkle on his balloon!!  It definitely makes me happy!

Oh Happy Day close

  • Stamps: Mama Elephant Pandamonium, Bountiful Blessings
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: Mama Elephant Pandamonium dies, Femme Frames die, Landscape Trio dies, Pretty Pink Posh sequins

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! This panda die looks worth the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card ..... and just look at all of those lovely die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is darling! I adore the thin aqua border and that sweet panda. Keep em comin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Kim. I love all the layers and scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is just plain adorable! I love all the white! I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your ME purchases, as I just received a large order from them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Kim, I love Mama elephant stuff too.Look forward to seeing the cards you make with them all now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, the dazzling creations you share with us make your purchases wonderfully priceless! Beautiful card, packed with a whole bunch of fun! I hear you about the crafting purchase decisions; hoping for a lottery win *grin*
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I can't wait to see what else you create with ME stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean. I picked up the dies for Up and Away and have yet to use them...next card...Your card, however, is very cool. Love all the dies done in white, they really make that little panda and balloon pop! Love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had a smile reading your post, Kim ... I have the same dilemma! Your little panda's so cute ... the touches of colour in the balloon, border and sequins are gorgeous against all the yummy white! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card Kim. Love the stitched edge pieces... that little panda is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, love the card and the wonderful layout. Your purchase is well worth the cost.

    Second, at least your use the the dies; can't tell you how many times I use my Mama E dies then end up fussy cutting the stamped image in the end. **sigh**

    Again, wonderful card as always. I'm off to check out a few others.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! LOVE all the stitching on the background dies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is terrific, love the touch of aqua !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!