Tuesday, June 17, 2014

MFT Get Sketchy: hugs

I recently got an entire cover plate die - not to actually cut a card front - but to use the little pieces for shaker boxes.  This is my first card with those pieces.  I need to do about 100 more shakers to make this cover plate purchase worthwhile!

hugs

I love the X's and O's in this shaker!  I didn't want to do a lovey-dovey card with them - so I went with summery colors and just used "hugs" instead of adding the "kisses" also.

An FYI - the banners in the background are cut from dies in My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 - but I trimmed the back banner by about 1/8" on each side so that the dark brown wasn't overwhelming.

This is for the current sketch at My Favorite Things Get Sketchy (which ends in less than an hour so very few words from me today!


  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: Echo Park Sweet Day 6x6, My Favorite Things Berrylicious, Hot Fudge, Sour Apple, Blue Raspberry, Lemon Drop
  • Ink: none
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (the banners and the stitched piece), Lots of Love word dies, Hugs and Kisses Cover Plate, Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins, Spellbinders rectangle (I cut the inner one and then cut around the outside at about 1/4"), Hemptique 10-lb natural twine


11 comments:

  1. Those Xs and Os are just too fun!! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Kim. Love the colours and the fun xoxoxos Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this sketch Kim!! I love that you bought the cover plate JUST to make shaker cards. That is too funny!! I really like the coors yo used for this. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, WOW! Great card!
    Love all the x'ses and o's! Ha, ha, and your DP too, just perfect.
    Great colorcombo, brow/ blue and a touch of lime, wow, this way your card is definitely not too sweet!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. Sorry, I meant Brown/ Blue of course, ha, ha, I 'entered' my comment too quickly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colorful cards u create and the XO's in the shaker look so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delightful card ,with the pretty banners, lovely papers and, of course, the star of the show: your shaker! Your decision to buy the cover plate for the 'little' bits reminds me of my 'back-in-the day' CD (okay, okay...vinyl record and 8 track *grin*) purchases for that 'one' song. My opinion: your plate is well worth it...keep making those XOs shakers!! ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute. I'm enjoying seein all of these creative shaker cards that you do.
    You will notice that I have been going back to see what I have missed of your cards. Where Have I been? Goodness I missed of lot of you cards. and great creativity.
    Just need a few more hours in a day to keep up with everything...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!