Friday, April 18, 2014

Catered Crop and Deconstructed: Think Green



It's time for a new challenge at Catered Crop and our challenge is to "think green".

For in the true nature of things, 
if we rightly consider,
every green tree is far more glorious
than if it were made of gold and silver.
~Martin Luther


I love green.  I have more different green cardstock and inks than any other color (with blue a close second). And I love trees, so I didn't get particularly creative with my "green" card - I made green trees!  I have an older Papertrey set that has never seen ink - Trendy Tree Tops - and I used it for this bright and cheerful card!

Wishing You Well

I was immediately drawn to the current sketch at Unscripted Sketches because I loved the idea of one tree outside of the box.  They are celebrating their 5-year blog-iversary - that's 252 sketches!  Thanks to the great people at Unscripted Sketches for all of the inspiration.


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Trendy Tree Tops, Framed Out #5
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse CS and dsp, Limeade Ice, My Favorite Things Berrylicious
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Limeade Ice and Dark Chocolate, Simon Says Stamp Khaki
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Trendy Tree Tops die, Mama Elephant Landscape Trio die, Pretty Pink Posh Springtime Mix sequins, Hemptique 10-lb white twine, Spellbinders Square die



10 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the blue and green!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kim, makes me think spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Looks like spring! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch Kim, this is so pretty!! Happy Easter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is DIVINE and all about luscious spring green! Thanks for sharing with Unscripted Sketches, I ADORE your creations and hope you join us again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, green is my least favourite colour but after seeing this may be changing my mind! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Swoon! I makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ja, supergaaf gemaakt! Sorry that's Dutch for 'awesome card'! Ha, ha.
    Superduper or whatever else you can fill in as translation. :-)
    I've got this stampset as well and it's so versatile. Love the blue/green combo and the way you layered the 'double' trees!! A great and creative way to incorporate a sentiment. Great sketch and well, mine hasn't seen ink yet as well, maybe I should ink these stamps up.... :-)
    And of course the sequins, great way to use those on your card the way you did.
    And I love how the twine you added , gives your card a little 'extra'. Adds more dynamique and depth to your card. Perfect embellie.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Kim... love those cute trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!