Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mama Elephant: Forever Young

My last post used two pandas from the Pandamonium set by Mama Elephant and I commented that those two weren't my favorite pandas.  I felt a little bad about saying that because those pandas are absolutely charming...but this guy is my favorite!

Forever Young

Admit it...you smiled!  And to really add to the fun, there is also a smaller bear in the set and he's leaning the other way. If I my boys weren't teenagers (with one of them topping 6'4"), I'd be putting the big bear and the little bear side by side for Father's Day.

The banner is from the Mama Elephant set Soiree.  It's been on my wishlist forever because I love the way you can fill that fun banner with your choice of colors.  I hadn't ordered it until I saw this bear and knew that he would look cute balancing on a banner!!

I haven't managed to do a lot of crafting lately - I started a new set of classes and they are turning out to be some of the hardest and most time-consuming yet.  The first is Corporate Tax and the second is Government and Nonprofit Accounting.  Are you feeling sorry for me?  Even on n my best crafting days, I rely on challenges.  I need a starting point, be it colors or sketches or inspiration.  Being out of practice today, I relied on a number of challenges!

A big thank you to Crazy 4 Challenges and their "skinny" challenge - a 3.5" x 5.5" card.  My banner fit perfectly across that size!

I also love the colors from the Color Throwdown.  I thought they were perfect for my high-in-the-sky card.


And Stampin' Royalty is celebrating their 4th birthday with a birthday challenge.  Happy Birthday to Stampin' Royalty!!
  • Stamps: Mama Elephant Pandamonium, Soiree
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics, Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo and Peach Parfait
  • Accessories: Ellen Hutson Iridiscent Water sequins



17 comments:

  1. Oh yes....a big smile!!! He's ADORABLE Kim and looks super balancing on your fun banner. Terrific card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, I'm lovin' these pandas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YEAH I smiled!! He's so sweet! Love the little guy balancing on the "tight rope"! Totally adorable! Um those courses?? WOW!!! I can't even imagine...!!! Your commitment and dedication to your educational journey always inspires me (as do your amazing cards, of course!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, me too, Kim ... big smile! This is so cute ... what a perfect idea to have him balanced on those colourful banners! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big smile! Your balancing adorable panda on the colourful tightrope is incredibly adorable! Awesome! Your courses: now those sound challenging! My husband works in the not-for-profit sector and some of the things he's required to do have my head reeling. Applause to your for your dedication; always inspiring!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anytime I see a panda on a card, I'm going to think of you. And balancing him on a row of banners made him super cute. I can't imagine taking classes like that. Good luck to you and I hope you do still have time to wow us with your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, this is just too cute! I love your sweet little panda bear balanced on those festive flags, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! I admire your ability to balance your studies with your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this!! :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Crazy 4 Challenges crew this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, I'm looking for a new baby boy card, something like this just might do. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I smiled! That panda is too darn cute and he has such perfect balance! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, you've put a smile on MY face, ha, ha! Such a great Pandabear, love it!
    And isn't life just that! Balancing on a rope, going to work, do some cleaning up in the house ( that's last on MY list, after CRAFTING!) etc....
    Well I absolutely love your card and think it's not funny, it's hilarious!
    Thanks for the inspiration and your story! Much appreciated.

    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. if you'll wait long enough, you'll be able to use these panda's as a pair when your children make you grandparents!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally adorable!, love that panda balancing on the banner and a balloon to balance! Perfect!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful, sweet and clear card

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just adorable! I think that might be my favorite panda in the set, too. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a darling card Kim. Such a sweet image. Love the way you used the colors on the banner. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!