Thursday, November 7, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch: You're So Cool!

It's time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!  It has some very fun angled panels.


I have recently been ruthlessly purging my stamps and stamp supplies, but I've been following the advice of Susan at Simplicity who says she puts things in a box for six months and if she hasn't needed them in those six months, it is time to get rid of them.  One of the things that I just stuck in a box was a tool that was popular some years ago, but I haven't seen much of lately - a paper crimper!!  I love how it turned out for my snow drifts.  So this tool - that I hadn't used in probably four or five years - went in the six-month box, but got pulled out less than a week later.  I think it's safe!

You're So Cool

The stamps are Critters in the Snow by Lawn Fawn.  I would have said that I was only recently converted to Lawn Fawn - but in the midst of my purge this last week, I found this set hiding in my older Christmas stamps!  I guess I knew about them earlier than I thought!

I hope you play along - I am excited to see what everybody else creates with those angled panels!
  • Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Snow
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Coast Cabana, Memento Black, Copics, Versamark (to apply heat/stick and glitter)
  • Accessories: Fiskars Paper Crimper, Stampin' UP Heat and Stick Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

27 comments:

  1. Super sweet card, Kim! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling! Love your crimped, angled panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - A-DOR-A-BLE!! Love your little penguin and the crimped panels - perfect background! Great take on the sketch, and great day-brightener, too!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please! You did that with a paper crimper? I assumed you had scored all those lines. I have to try that, it's genius!! Especially since I think I got a wonky crimper a decade ago when they were in ... I put the paper in straight and it goes cock-eyed every time. Now I will use it perfectly for off-angle cards! Squee! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brilliant! That crimper worked perfectly for this! I love how you "saw" that working for the sketch! And man, does it ever look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo super cute! love the penguin and your corrugated lines add amazing texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use the crimper for snow banks!! I have seen quite a few cards lately using for a heart or other small accent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are going to be single-handedly responsible for a crimper resurgence!! Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so brilliant to use a paper crimper for snow drifts! I never would have thought of it, even though I still have mine! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you pulled your paper crimper out before it was too late...it's perfect for your snow drifts! I love the 'critter' hanging out by his igloo, too...such a fun take on this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE take on this sketch, Kim! Your angled snow banks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well just how CUTE is this!! Great job Kim, love the crimped snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my...this is just too darn cute! I love your sweet little penguin and that paper crimper, so fun to dust that fabulous tool off and play with it...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card, especially because you used a paper crimper...genius. I was just looking at that tool last week thinking maybe it was time to go...but you may have changed my mind. I think my crimper is safe for a while long, too. I'm sure he's thanking you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so cool, Kim! And all your cards and your blog! I absolutely love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that adorable penguin and the crimped paper. Very cute!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card Kim. Love the textures and how you used the sketch. the image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable Kim, what a lovely and cute scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So adorable! Love the corrugated snowbanks--what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea of those panels!
    To get rid of stuff is a good thing, but I'm afraid I'm too attached to collecting all things crafty! :-)
    You know, they might get in handy some time, as you noticed yourself!
    :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Kim. I just love the way you used a crimper to interpret the design and to add texture on this adorable card. My blog exploring has been very limited, but I love to see how you have grown your wonderful crafting talent over the years. Beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so adorable and fun! Love the glitter on the igloo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are definitely one cool card creator! This is adorable - love that sparkly igloo and the subtle way you reversed the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the crimps on this card -- I first thought you had used a scoring board. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  26. The crimped snow is SO fun! What a great idea. I'm glad you rescued the tool from your box. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!