Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Paper Smooches: I'm So Sorry

I was having the most fun playing with the set from Paper Smooches called Free Spirits (which, by the way, is a freebie with $60 purchase through September!)  It is full of fun glasses for wine and margaritas and other exotic drinks, along with cherries and ice cubes and umbrellas.  I had out neon inks and I was going for the margarita but nothing was quite working.  Then I saw two glasses stamped on my scratch sheet - one upright and one sideways - and the light bulb came on!

I'm So Sorry

You'll see right away that I got away from the neon margaritas.  I'm still going to play with that idea - but I was slightly handicapped in this card in that the only empty glass that I could spill was the wine glass so this card went a whole different color direction.

I'm submitting this to Simon Says Anything Goes.
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Free Spirits, Word Up, Borderlicious
  • Paper: scraps
  • Ink: Memento Black, Delicata Gold
  • Accessories: Avery Elle sequins Lemonade and Kraft

24 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the "wine" sequins spilling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very clever for a 'Sorry' card... love the tumbling sequins :0) Look forward to seeing the neon margaritas :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLEVER, CLEVER, CLEVER card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you went in a great direction with the spilled wine glass and tumbling sequins. Perfect for a 'sorry' card! Clever you! You've been an amazing GD over a PS - hope you'll continue playing with PS, because you and their stamps are such an awesome match!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too, TOO clever!!! (and CUTE!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute having the sequins falling out of the glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you were chosen to be a guest designer for PS! Your cards are just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally love this card! And the story about how it came together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! Great idea! You have fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim....this is about as clever as they come! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love those lightbulb moments! So clever and so perfectly put together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an awesome idea! I love the sequins spilling out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card and such a great idea to use the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore the visions you have for using stamps! What a fun way to send regrets and keep things light-hearted! I'm loving the spilled sequins and glass half-filled! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ditto on the previous comment! What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how scratch pad art works sometimes! What a wonderful idea! Every time I see your sequins, I think I need to try that. Somehow they never look quite that good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on the PS blog and it blew me away...awesome use of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just when I think I know how to use sequins on my own cards you come up with another great idea!!
    So now I HAVE to get me some sequins in different sizes too, ha, ha.
    Great idea!! Love it.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you fabulous fun card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!