Saturday, June 29, 2013

Catered Crop: There is Sunshine in My Soul

The current challenge at Catered Crop is So Shapely: using die cuts and punches.

I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem - I use die cuts and punches every day!!  But it's funny that when I needed to make them the focus I had a tough time with an original idea.  Finally, as I was happily indexing and putting away a recent stamp order from My Favorite Things I ran across a "sunshine" sentiment which led me to pull out a variety of dies...

There is Sunshine
I wanted to show you a close-up with a little shadow on it because there is fun texture plate at My Favorite Things called the Grosgrain Texture Board.  It's technically to be used on a long strip of paper with the texture vertical to mimic grosgrain ribbon.  When you don't have matching ribbon, make it out of paper.  I just needed a little extra something on my clouds - so I added the texture at an angle.  (I do find that it works best if you lightly spritz the paper with water first.)

There is Sunshine close

As usual, Linda has curated a fabulous Pinterest board - head over to Catered Crop for some fabulous ideas for dies and punches!
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Summer Sunshine CS and dsp
  • Ink: Memento black
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Sunshine and Flat Bottom Cloud dies, clear sequins, heart punch, MFT Grosgrain Texture Board

19 comments:

  1. Great, great great card!!!
    Love the dimension, how you layered the clouds, the litte hart with bow and great sentiment...well as for the sequins....they're just the perfect finishing touch!!
    Have a nice and sunny day!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card , I have these sentiments too and love them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love your designs. You even make my most hated colour look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, Kim ... I love that sentiment and your sunshine scene with all it's detail is a delight! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sunshiney card! I like the yellow gingham. It makes me smile! BTW, I didn't know that MFT had that plate and I've been wishing for one like that. Thanks for mentioning it!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Kim! LOVE the sentiment and the dies!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Kim. Love the darling sun and the cloud. Perfect design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this bright sunny card Kim :) It would be PERFECT to link up to the Keep It Simple Sun Challenge too!
    http://kis-challenge.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/keep-it-simple17.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just pretty darn amazing. Those yellows on that white...so happy. Love the yellow gingham, and that's a a great sentiment too. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, you have such a keen eye for pretty layouts of your card elements. This is such a happy, cheerful card! I love the grossgrain clouds...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this - as usual! You are truly amazing. love the bright and fun colors and all that fabulous texture. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Kim - cheery, bright, and ever so pretty! LOVE it!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little plaid sun, Kims! Using that textured grosgrain plate on your clouds was inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somehow I have missed that grosgrain texture board. How fun is that! It was perfect to ad a little umph to your clouds Kim. Super sweet card guaranteed to bring a smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and sweet! I love the layered diecut scene.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, that subtle texture on the clouds is great! Love the gingham paper and tiny bow, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!