Friday, May 24, 2013

School Days!!

One of the things that I do love about cardmaking is the ability to match the card to the recipient...or, in this case, the school colors.

This first card is a CASE of myself with this card but I changed it up so that my son had thank you cards in his school colors for each of his teachers.

Thank You Teacher

It was particularly important for him to give our thank yous this year as his teachers have been truly amazing.  My poor guy had some bad experiences in his first few year at the local public high school, enough so that we brought him home to home school.  But he still wanted to have a school experience so he enrolled for a few classes at Lutheran High School.  It has been wonderful for him - in fact, he plans to attend full-time next year so he can graduate from that school.  The school makes sure that the teachers have time to care about the students.  One of the teachers mailed a personal card to my son congratulating him on his growth throughout the year - you just don't see personal cards from teachers very often.

My second card is a quick graduation card in the school colors of red, blue and gold.  (I have just realized how dull the picture is, but it's already off in the mail!)
Congrats Grad
Thank You Teacher
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Teacher's Apple, Paper Smooches pencil
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Perfect Plum, silver
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Linen Impression Plate and Spiral Notebook die (cut down), misc gems and twine
Congrats Grad
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Blue Ribbon
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Real Red
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Real Red
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Fancy Fan Embossing folder, scalloped circle punch, gold cord (retired)

7 comments:

  1. Super cards, Kim ... what a fabulous way to show your son's teachers how much they are appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Full of color, and fun stamps/embellies. I was stumped for an 8th grade grad card for a grandson, but your pencil card has given me a bit of inspiration--thanks! Love these. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, both of your cards are so fun. I love that teacher card and will be pinning it as soon as I leave you my comment. Your grad card is fabulous too. love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great cards! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing more lovely inspiration! So happy to hear that school life is so much better for your ds. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!