Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Clown Wishes in Neon

Under the heading of "what was I thinking?" I purchased the new Hero Arts Neon Inks.  What in the world does a conservative stamper like me do with neon?  Surround it with neutrals!

Clown Wishes

I kind of like it this way.  Neon is so, so scary bright - just the little bit on this card totally pops!!

I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe (although they didn't specific neon!)


And I used the Mojo Monday sketch - but vertically.



  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Admit One, "Wish" from Christmas Magic
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Hero Arts Neon Pink, Yellow and Orange, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Charles folder, twine, clear Dew Drops plopped on punched circles rubbed with neon


12 comments:

  1. Hats off to you for this one Kim, I'd never think to buy these inks either but you've made them look great. A really super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card!!! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the neon plunge Kim--scares me too but your card uses just the right amount. Love your embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim! You always make me laugh! Apparently fluro are the new "it colours" for fashion this coming summer! So you are a trend setter for sure! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are some bright inks, you showcased them beautifully. I was working on my Play Date Challenge card last night, which has yet to be completed and now my colors do not seem quite so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if you have to bring on the neon this fun fella is the way to go! Great job with this Kim and the dew drops are a great finishing touch.

    Just saw on the news that Colorado is where all the skinny people are...woot woot! This cute clown sure fits that bill, look at his big ol' pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! I sure love that little clown and it really pops off of the kraft! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, haven't gone the neon route just yet...can't convince myself that I can pull it off! (Actually I think neon scares me after the neon "hippie" costume I wore for Halloween a few years back...I've been scarred!) However, YOU have pulled it off beautifully! And I'm not clowning around, either! (I couldn't resist...sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pops of bright colors, Kim! Even with all of the kraft, this is such a playful design. The neon dew drops are especially fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card just makes me happy! I love the way you used kraft with this weeks colors! Thank you for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm waiting for MY neon inks to arrive...thanks for the fun inspiration!!!! thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super way to use your inks Kim. I can see you using them a lot more. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!