Friday, May 27, 2011

A Verve Kind of Day #1

A month or so ago, Verve had a stamp sale and I ordered a number of sets that I had on my wishlist.  But they have been sitting under my desk unopened because I didn't want to "index" them. 

I actually take every stamp that I buy and stamp them into a three-ring notebook organized by sentiments and by themes.  So if a set has birthday, thank you, thinking of you sentiments and has flowers, leaves and flourishes - that's six different sections of my notebook!  It takes forever, but it's worth it to be able to easily page through and find the right sentiment or flower, etc.  Verve sets are particularly time consuming to index because you an amazing variety of stamps in each set.

I have time today to do it and I was thinking to make it more fun, I might play along with the Viva la Verve! sketches on Splitcoast, but there are five sketches for May and I hadn't even started them.  Totally overwhelming!

But when the Friday Free For All challenge was to use a freebie, my decision was made for me!  Verve sends a free thank you stamp with their order!!  Obviously it's the stamping goddesses sending me a message to work with Verve today!!

Here's #1:



  • Stamps: Verve Hope Blooms and freebie Thank You
  • Ink: Stampin' Up True Thyme, River Rock
  • Paper: Stampin' Up True Thyme, River Rock, Daffodil CS and dsp, Naturals White, K&Co Julianne
  • Accessories: Verve flower dies, SU True Thyme ribbon, Cuttlebug border die, Stampin' Up Spiral Border Punch, Martha Stewart microbeads (on flower center), gems colored with copics

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours Kim & the hint of embossing on the centre panel. Great use of your bonus stamp.
    Your index book is a wonderful idea & so worth the time it takes to set up - that is on my "one day" list of things to do..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!