Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ways To Use Body "Parts"

Today's Splitcoast Ways To Use It challenge is to use people OR parts of people.  Since I am in the midst of graduation cards and I have these graduation feet - I chose to use "parts"!



I'm not feeling entirely right about how the banner looks across the top - I'm not sure why I'm unhappy - I just am.  But, the banner stamp and die just came in the mail yesterday so I HAD to include it.  The stamp and die actually have cute little bows at each end - but they just didn't fit across my card.

Edited to Add: I really do need to start listening to my gut - because I truly do not like the banner - so here's a simpler attempt with another new toy that I got from Taylored Expressions - the star impression plate.  I like it MUCH better.



Card #1:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Go Graduation (from My Digital Studio so sized to fit), Taylored Expressions Pennant A la Carte
  • Ink: Stampin' Up markers in Poppy, Marina, Summer Sun, Lilac, copics for gray robes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black, real red
  • Accessories: Taylored Expressions Pennant Border Die, Stampin' Up b/w gingham and lattice embossing folder
Card #2 uses Poppy Parade and the Taylored Expressions Stars Impression Plate

7 comments:

  1. Kim, I honestly love both versions! I couldn't pick a favorite, but you should always go with what feels right to you. Thanks for sharing both and giving us a peek into your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim these cards are wonderful.
    I like the second one the best and I actually like the banner card as well. After looking at it for a minute to try and see why you think its not right, it hit me; too many colors. There are 4 colors in the banner and though it matches with the shoes and slacks, it seems out of place against the larger portions of B&W and red. :)
    Regardless, it would still be hanging on my wall of "great cards". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - I have to say that I think both versions are just super. I do like the banner across the top of your first card. I think the second card is my favourite, but I think that's because I like the star embossed backing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how insistent out gut's can be huh? They're both great cards but I prefer the second one because it gives the feet centre stage. In the first one the busyness of the banner is competing with the busyness of the feet. I love posts like this where we can see each other's ideas evolve. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun grad card. I did know you got that set. It sure is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post title - sounds like a CSI episode, lol.
    I like your "gut instinct" card the best Kim - it really gives those feet the centre stage. The brad centre in the first card is a really cool touch though.
    Can't wait to see the banner image pop up somewhere in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!