Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Last Two Christmas Sets!!!

Set 275 - Merry

I'm done with my last two Christmas sets on my quest to make sure that all of my Stampin' Up sets see ink in 2010!!  Whew!  What a relief!  You might see a few more Christmas cards on this blog because I do have other sets that have a Christmas stamp in them - but I am now done with the sets that are ONLY Christmas.



The layout for this cards comes from Inkspirations.  I started with their sketch but just kept being "forced" into changes so it ended up not looking quite like it was supposed to.  But...creativity is good, right?  I ended up stretching the sketch horizontally so my hat fit.  Then I used snowflakes for the circle in the sketch.  Hopefully you can see some resemblance to the sketch!


The colors come from ColourQ.  I really hate Glorious Green - it was the color that I would NOT miss with the recent Stampin' Up Color Renovation.  "Merry" was the second to the last Christmas set that I had to use and I knew this hat would work with stripes - so out came the dreaded Glorious Green!



Set 276 - Patterned Pines

I continue to make my goal almost unobtainable as the set Patterned Pines just came in the mail from an E-Bay purchase.  You would think that I would stop buying stamps so that I could actually finish my goal.  But...I never stop...I'm an addict!




This is for the Pals Paper Arts challenge which is basically "white" - - - make white center stage with this photo as an inspiration.  )I did add a touch of gold because I wanted to use this elegant ribbon - but all else is white.)



MERRY HAT:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Merry
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Glorious Green, and Daffodil markers
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Turquoise grosgrain, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Stampin' Up felt snowflakes

PATTERNED PINES:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Patterned Pines
  • Inks: Versamark
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: PSX Bridal Embossing Powder, Sizzix tag die, Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon from Hobby Lobby

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful "Winter White" card! Love the elegant ribbon! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your cards are both beautiful! When you finish using your unused sets, can you come use some of mine - lol?!? Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are really beautiful Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ... both of them! And ... I can see the sketch in your creation! Absolutely! Great job with the "white" card. I found this really tricky last time I tried it! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Kim! The ColourQ one is so cute! I am with you, use the stamp sets that are often forgotten! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Merry card!! Well, actually, I love both cards, but the colors are awesome on the Merry card!! I love bright and cheery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the white on white look. Thanks for playing along with us at PPA!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!